In-Person Workforce Services Now Available at All IDES American Job Centers
Scheduled Appointments Required for In-Person Assistance, Callbacks to Continue
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) announced today that the remaining American Job Centers are now open for in-person services, concluding the phased plan to safely reopen all centers. In-person workforce and limited unemployment services at American Job Centers are available by appointment-only. Beginning Monday, September 20, in-person appointments will be available at the following locations:
▪ Burbank | 5608 West 75th Place
▪ Chicago – Lincoln Square | 2444 West Lawrence
▪ Chicago – Woodlawn | 1515 East 71st Street
▪ Joliet | 250 North Chicago Street
▪ North Aurora | 2 Smoke Tree Plaza
In-person appointments began on August 26 in Champaign, Harvey, Mt. Vernon, and Rockford, followed by Belleville, Chicago – Pilsen, and Wheeling on September 2, and Effingham, Ottawa, Peoria, Quincy, Rock Island, and Springfield on September 7. All 18 offices are now accepting scheduled in-person appointments.
To schedule an appointment at any of these locations, individuals should call via the IDES Scheduling Hotline at 217.558.0401 and request a callback. Appointments must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance of the appointment time. An appointment may be scheduled for one of the following reasons:
▪ Identity verification for an unemployment insurance claim
▪ Assistance registering with IllinoisJobLink.com
▪ Assistance documenting work search activities
▪ Employment services, including resume and job search guidance
▪ Request to use the Resource Room to use computers with internet and other resources
Appointments will be available Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm. To ensure efficiency, each appointment will be 20 minutes in length and visitors will be afforded a 10-minute grace period. Visitors who schedule an appointment must bring a photo ID and any other documentation required for the appointment. A scheduled appointment is required for entrance into one of the offices. Individuals who arrive at an office without an appointment will be asked to schedule an appointment via the Scheduling Hotline for a later date.