Electronic 1099-G tax forms will be available by February 1 and hard copies will be mailed the same day. Visit ides.illinois.gov/1099g for more information.
- As of December 27, 2021, IDES has stopped sending payments via KeyBank debit cards to unemployment insurance claimants.
- All claimants are encouraged to select direct deposit as their payment method.
- Claimants who don’t select direct deposit as their payment method will receive their benefits by paper check delivered by the United States Postal Service.
- Claimants are still able to access benefits that were put onto their debit card before December 27, 2021. The debit card will continue to work normally until the card expires. But claimants will not receive any further benefits on the debit card after December 27, 2021.
What payment methods are available?
If eligible for unemployment insurance, you can receive benefits in one of two ways:
1. Direct Deposit (Strongly Recommended)
All claimants are encouraged to select direct deposit to receive their benefits. Direct deposit is free, fast, secure, and links directly to your bank account. Claimants can select direct deposit when first filing their claim. Current claimants can log into their account and easily change their payment method today!
Do you need an affordable and convenient bank account for direct deposit? Learn about Bank On certified accounts.
2. Paper Check (Not Recommended)
Paper checks will replace KeyBank debit cards. If you do not sign up for direct deposit, you will receive benefits via a paper check starting December 27, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
I currently receive benefits through direct deposit. Is anything changing?
No. If you currently receive benefits through direct deposit, your benefit payment process will not change.
I currently receive benefits through a KeyBank debit card. Is anything changing?
Yes. Starting December 27, 2021, your benefits will be sent to you via a paper check and will not be put on the KeyBank debit card. Your check will be mailed to you via USPS. Any benefits that were put on the debit card prior to December 27, 2021 will still be available to you through the normal process of using the debit card, until the debit card expires.
How do I select direct deposit as my payment method?
After establishing an ILogin account, you can set up direct deposit through your IDES account. Please allow up to 24 hours after you enroll for your account information to update.
View the Direct Deposit Guide for step-by-step instructions. Translated Guide: Spanish, Polish, Arabic, Hindi, Tagalog, Standardized Chinese
If I don’t select my payment method, what will happen?
By default, you will receive your benefits via paper check, mailed to you via the USPS. Paper checks will be sent to the address included in your account. It is strongly recommended that you select direct deposit as your payment method instead of paper check.
What should I do if I don’t receive my check in the mail or I need a replacement check?
Please allow enough time for the check to arrive in the mail to you after you certify for benefits. This can vary depending on your mail. If you need a replacement check, please call IDES at 800-244-5631. An IDES agent will provide you with a “Request for Replacement Check and Check Tracer” form, and instructions to request the replacement check. And remember, it’s never too late to switch to direct deposit for future payments! Follow the step-by-step guide and enroll today