Losing a job can be a stressful time. Regardless of whether you receive unemployment insurance, you might be able to receive other services. Below is a list of resources in Illinois that may help.
Not sure where to start? Visit ABE to learn about and apply for programs.
Coronavirus.illinois.gov: Learn about the latest health guidance, how to get vaccinated, and where to find additional services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Online: coronavirus.illinois.gov
- Phone: IDPH Helpline: (800) 889-3931
Illinois Department of Human Services: Find affordable, quality childcare programs near you.
- Online: Child Care
- Phone: IDHS Helpline: (800) 843-6154
Get Covered Illinois: Find affordable health insurance coverage at Illinois’ official health marketplace.
- Online: Get Covered Illinois
- Phone: Get Covered Illinois Helpline: (866) 311-1119
Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity: Learn about the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) to help pay for home energy services like heating.
- Online: Utility Bill Assistance
- Phone: LIHEAP Hotline: (877) 411-WARM (9276)