State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES)
Electronically Manage Your UI Claims
SIDES is a free electronic system that uses a nationally standardized format to allow employers to easily respond to UI Notice of Claims information requests, attach documentation when needed, and receive a date-stamped confirmation of receipt.
Registering for SIDES is easy if you already have a MyTax Illinois account.
- Simply login to your MyTax Illinois account at mytaxillinois.gov.
- Click on the "More" tab
- Locate the "SIDES" Grid
- Select "Manage SIDES Information"
- Select "Manage" or "Enroll" next to "Income Verification"
- Select "Manage" or "Enroll" next to "Separation Information"
- It's that easy!
For assistance please call 800-247-4984.
- For claims information, press 4
- Then, for SIDES information, press 1
Why should I consider SIDES?
The SIDES website provides an easy, efficient and secure way to electronically respond to UI Notice of Claims information requests from IDES.
- Eliminates delays related to paper mail delivery;
- Allows more time to gather information and respond
- Ensures more complete information is provided through standard validations and business rules;
- Reduces time-consuming follow-up telephone calls;
- Keeps UI tax rates lower by reducing improper payments.
Potential Cost Savings
SIDES also addresses two of the largest causes of UI overpayments;
- Incorrect initial eligibility decisions (job separation issues) and
- Working while receiving UI benefits
Additional information is available at the Unemployment Insurance State Information Data Exchange (SIDES).