Certify for Benefits
What to Know Before Certifying
Benefit Year Ending Information:
Has it been one year since you first filed for benefits? No need to worry – we’re working to keep your claim active. Find out what it means when your benefit year is ending.
Regular UI Certification Timeline:
- The best way to complete your certification is online from 3:00am - 7:30pm on your designated certification day, including holidays.
- Thursdays and Fridays are make-up days if you miss your certification day
- You may also certify by Tele-Serve at (312) 338-4337 (3:00am - 7:30pm, Monday - Friday)
Certify Online Here:
Note: The last payable week of PUA and PEUC benefits was September 4th, 2021.
Avoid Common Mistakes
Maintain your eligibility for current and future unemployment insurance benefits by familiarizing yourself with the following common mistakes or misunderstandings.
Examples of UI fraud include situations where an individual:
- Returns to work but continues to collect UI benefits
- Works at a part-time job but does not report their earnings to IDES, thereby collecting more benefits than are allowed
- Works odd jobs while collecting UI benefits but does not report the earnings when certifying
Violators could face:
- Large fines and penalties
- Prison sentences
- Offset against state and federal income tax returns
- Loss of future UI benefits
- Learn more about the consequences of fraud
- View other common mistakes made by UI claimants
- Learn more about your UI Finding letter
- Find out about additional services, such as child care, housing, or food assistance
- Need support with health insurance? Visit Get Covered Illinois
Note: Any information submitted by you to IDES may be verified through computer matching programs in order to determine your eligibility for Unemployment Insurance benefits.