MyTax Illinois Service
If you are a Service Bureau, what is changing as of September 11, 2017?
In addition to the information below, we have included a printer friendly high level informational overview of the changes. We will be updating this document on a periodic basis to reflect the new process. Please continue to review this website and this document.
Click here for the informational guide.
Attached are the new file format and validation changes for those that file ICESA. FTP files will no longer be submitted directly to IDES; they will now need to be submitted to the Electronic Commerce Division (ECD) through their Gateway process. Attached is a copy of the IL-8633-B Gateway Registration process along with copies of the FTP file format changes and the FTP file acknowledgments. To set up your FTP access to the Report filing Gateway, please follow the steps for access to the ECD and TEST portals
- Complete Form IL-8633-B
- Complete steps 1 & 2
- In step 3, check box for Transmitter
- In step 4, check the box for Emp. Wage and Contribution Report UI-3/40
- In step 6, the SSN of the authorized individual can be left blank
- When finished, print and scan the completed form and email to Rev.IL8633B@illinois.gov and cc Algie.Crivens@Illinois.gov
- Gateway Setup Guide
- IDES ICESA File Format Overview
- IDES ICESA Gateway Acknowledgments
On September 4th, 2017, TaxNet will be taken off line at 11:59 PM CST. Starting September 11, 2017, you can use MyTax Illinois for all your State of Illinois tax needs, including the monthly and quarterly wage filing requirements.
- For Employers, if you would like to establish your MyTax Illinois account prior to the September 11, 2017, cutover, please visit the MyTax Illinois website or contact the IDOR Central Registration staff at 1-217-785-3707 for assistance.
- For Service Bureaus, IDES will be reaching out to you directly in early August 2017 with specific login information on how to correctly establish a MyTax Illinois Service Bureau account.
- The CSV file format will not be changing.
- IDES ICESA File Format Overview
- Instructions for Quarterly CSV Filing
- Monthly Wage Report CSV Guide
- FSET Implementation Guide
- Service Bureau with PIN Registration Guide
- Adding Users to MyTax Log On Guide
There are no changes to the current required monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- For those involved in the current quarterly rate exchange, that process will change. You will no longer need to submit CDs to IDES and IDES, in turn, will no longer need to return those CDs with your client’s rate information.
- Under the new and improved MyTax Illinois process, if you have a valid POA with your client, you will be able to extract their rate information and their account balance information whenever you need to.
- You will simply click on the button to request for all of your client's rates
- The following business day, you should receive an output file
- Click here for a sample of the rate exchange output file
- As a Service Bureau, you can continue to submit paper POA to IDES for processing. You will also be able to establish, modify or terminate client relationships through MyTax Illinois similar to TaxNet.
- Also for Service Bureaus, IDES has instituted a new policy allowing you to complete a POA Memorandum of Understanding with allows you to establish, modify or terminate client relationships without having to submit an actual POA to IDES. You can maintain the actual POA in your possession but must forward it to IDES if requested.
- Another new option allows Service Bureaus to electronically upload these relationships through MyTax Illinois using a simple bulk upload process. See the POA Memorandum of Understanding and the IDES POA File Format Upload Guide. If you would like, you can still process changes manually through MyTax Illinois.
Registration Process and MyTax Illinois Log In Process
- If you are currently using MyTax Illinois to file any of your client’s business taxes none of your login capabilities and options should change. Before the actual cutover, we will have more detailed instructions on how you will access your client’s UI Tax account.
- If you do not currently have a MyTax Illinois account, you will need to sign up for access. Before you do, IDES will be reaching out to you directly in early August 2017 with specific login information on how to correctly establish a MyTax Illinois Service Bureau account.
It is in your best interest to register as a Service Bureau
Some of you may be operating as a Service Bureau but are not registered as such with IDES. A Service Bureau is anyone who submits reports, makes payments, receives correspondence, etc., on behalf of multiple employers related to unemployment insurance processing. Please speak with our IDES Employer Hotline staff at 1-800-247-4984 and they will explain the benefits of converting to the registered Service Bureau status before the MyTax Illinois conversion. It’s free and easy to do.
Some benefits include:
- Automatic conversion of valid clients from TaxNet to MyTax Illinois
- Bulk ICESA filing
- Bulk Extensions
- Bulk Electronic POA - MOU needed
- Bulk Monthly Filing
- Bulk Rate Exchange
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/ides/images/logos/MyTaxLogo.png