Electronic 1099-G tax forms will be available by February 1 and hard copies will be mailed the same day. Visit ides.illinois.gov/1099g for more information.
Appeals Process Tips
Please read the following list of tips before beginning the appeals process:
- Continue to certify regularly whether or not you are receiving benefits and report to your local IDES staff as directed for as long as your appeal is pending and as long as you remain unemployed. We need to emphasize the need for you to continue certifying.
- Read the "Prepare for Your Appeal Hearing" brochure thoroughly.
- Decide what information will help establish evidence in your favor.
- Choose witnesses with direct personal knowledge or experience in your case.
- Mail and/or fax to IDES and other parties involved, any documents you would like to use in your case. Both parties should receive this information no later than 24 hours prior to your hearing.
- Notify IDES prior to your hearing if you will need an interpreter. Call the 800 number on your letter.
- Know your case docket number. This is a 7-digit number on your Notice of Hearing (upper right).
- Be present and on time for your phone hearing. Be waiting by your phone with pen and paper.
- It is recommended that you use a land line telephone to avoid dropped calls. If you do not have a land line telephone, there is one available at your local IDES office.
- Stick to the facts by making a list of points you want to make during your case.
For free legal advice, click here.