IDES offices will be closed Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24 for the federal holiday, but you can still certify and apply for benefits and access other online resources! Please note that benefit payments may take longer to process during this time. Offices will reopen for regular business hours on Monday, November 27.
Legal Services Program for Individuals
Typically, the decisions and orders that are appealed relate to eligibility and chargeability for unemployment insurance benefits, appealable tax determinations, and other matters.
Program Services Include:
- Up to one hour of free consultation with a LSP attorney regarding your case, and
- If the attorney determines that you have a valid claim or defense, the LSP attorney will also represent you in an appeal hearing and at the Board of Review.
As a claimant, which of the two "claimant" law firms should I contact for legal services?
If your Social Security number ends in a 0 through 4, call:
- (800) 884-6591 toll-free
- (847) 991-9240 out of state (not toll-free)
- (866) 848-5609 TTY toll-free
If your Social Security number ends in a 5 through 9, call:
- (888) 430-1776 toll-free
- (847) 251-1776 out of state (not toll-free)
- (847) 251-6985 TTY (not toll-free)