Although IDES offices will be closed on Monday, May 29th for Memorial’ Day holiday, you can still certify and apply for benefits and access other online resources! Please also note that benefit payments may take longer to process during this time. Offices will reopen for regular business hours on Tuesday, May 30th.
Labor Market and Career Information Publications
Below is a list of the publications issued by the Economic Information and Analysis Division of the Illinois Department of Employment Security.
Learn More Earn More - This brochure highlights occupations expected to provide the most job openings each year, organized by education and training requirements.
Summer Job Central - A seasonal brochure that provides information for young people looking for seasonal employment. It includes links to resources, websites with summer job listings, and a parents' guide to summer work.
- Characteristics of Illinois UI Claimants During the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Women and Minorities in the Illinois Workforce: Focus on Unemployment
- Covid-19's Impact on Illinois' Economic Development Regions
- Illinois Labor Force Participation 2020
- A Place-Based Story of Recession & Recovery in Illinois
- The Illinois Career Pathways Dictionary
- 2022 Illinois Economic Report
- 2019 Illinois Economic Report
- Workforce Outcomes Among WIA/Trade Training Completers
- Left Behind in Today’s Economy | Executive Summary
- Archived Illinois Reports
- Analysis of Illinois' Enlisted Veterans' Military Skills and Postsecondary Education Data
- Where Workers Work
- Women and Minorities 2022
More Labor Market and Career Information Publications:
Winning Job Opportunities - This publication includes a list of occupations for returning citizens, including information on annual openings, wages, and skills.
Illinois Employment Situation Press Releases - The Illinois Employment Situation: Statewide and metro area employment and unemployment press releases.
The Illinois Labor Market Review - A quarterly labor market information journal.
Help Wanted Online (HWOL) - The Economic Information and Analysis Division publishes a monthly snapshot of the number of online job ad openings posted by Illinois employers, statewide and by Economic Development Region.